NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY
Congratulations to the newest members of the National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) at Bishop Kearney! These BK students were recognized in a ceremony this morning before the student body for their outstanding academic achievement achieve for promoting the ideals of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. On January 16th at 6:30p.m. in the BK auditorium, family and friends are invited to the NJHS induction ceremony. Bishop Kearney is extremely proud of these young scholars and all of our students who contribute academically, socially, and spiritually to the BK family.
Our innovative College Prep. Plus Curriculum prepares students for the challenges of the 21st century and exceeds state and national standards. With our one to one laptop program at the high school level our students have access to technologies that allow them to focus on important 21st century skills such as: Digital-Age Literacy, Inventive thinking, Effective Communication, and High Productivity. Our award winning faculty is dedicated to create lessons that organically imbed such skills into their already rigorous curriculum. With a modified block schedule students have more time to become actively engaged in their own learning with a positively impressive success rate.
Over 11,000 young men and women have graduated from Bishop Kearney over the last 50+ years. Exceptional academics, strong athletics, spirituality, hands on learning – we educate the whole person:
- 85% of BK students are involved in a club, sport, or extracurricular activity
- BK students come from 17 surrounding school districts, 12 U.S. states, and 5 countries
- BK exceeds the New York State standard for credits to graduate ( 22 vs. 31 at BK )
- BK S.A.T. scores are consistently 20% higher than the national average
- BK students perform hundreds of community service hours every year
- 99% of recent graduates felt strongly that BK gave them the skills to succeed in college and beyond
- Over $ 13 million dollars in college academic and athletic scholarships this past June
- 100% Graduation Rate
- 100% College Acceptance Rate to over 60 different universities including 4 Ivy League schools