The Bishop Kearney Parent Teacher Association (BKPTA) is an organization, run by both parents/guardians and staff of Bishop Kearney, that enhances the Kearney experience by building community among parents, faculty, staff and administration.
Through its work, the BKPTA:
• Provides a source of information and a voice for and to the parent community
• Promotes school spirit and encourages participation through volunteer opportunities, parent education programs, spiritual, social and sporting events
• Supports the School’s mission, vision and strategic plan
• Supports and initiates fundraising initiatives that augment BKPTA and Bishop Kearney resources
BKPTA seeks to:
• Foster a sense of ownership among parents/guardians by maintaining a diverse board and an active membership which is reflective of the community
• Sustain and continue to cultivate positive and productive relationships within the Association and with the greater Bishop Kearney community
BKPA believes that:
• The Association has a necessary and important role in supporting a quality educational experience for our children
• The Bishop Kearney community is strengthened and enriched by a high level of volunteerism
• Every parent brings perspective and value to the BKPTA
• A shared understanding of BKPTA goals and operations creates a spirit of cooperation and unity
• As Bishop Kearney evolves, the BKPTA must be relevant, proactive, adaptive and responsive
Click the following link for more information on the BKPTA By-Laws.
Committee Chairs and Descriptions
Chair – OPEN
The goal of the Sports Booster Organization is to provide assistance to our school and athletic teams. We assist in purchasing sports equipment, uniforms and assist teams with team camps along with any other critical needs. Team Parent Liaisons are part of our committee. In order for our organization to accomplish our goals, we do a lot of fundraising. We run concessions for fall and winter sports. We also run a calendar campaign.
Spiritual & Social
Co-Chairs – Charlene Wright & Alethea Kinlock
As a family of faith at Bishop Kearney, this committee is an integral part of maintaining our school spirit. Members of this committee coordinate all social events for the Middle and High Schools. Some examples of these events are Curriculum night, Junior Ring Ceremony, both the 8th grade and High School graduations. Class Representatives are part of our committee. Our goal is to promote a cohesive, loving environment based on friendship and great food!
Chair – OPEN
Fundraising is a necessity for the survival of every Catholic school. Fundraising members work both in supportive and independent roles under the direction of the BKPTA. This team assists with student and school initiatives and promotes new opportunities for parents and students to supplement tuition dollars. All money raised through BKPTA sponsored events is invested in the School; supporting student programs, while helping to bring our community together to strengthen the bonds of family and friendship within the spirit of Bishop Kearney High School.
Chair – OPEN
The Communications committee is responsible with spreading the word about BKPTA sponsored events and fundraising. Activities include preparing the BKPTA newsletter and making sure all BKPTA information is accurate and available on the BK Website. We ask that, as parents take pictures of their student’s academic and sports activities, they share these with us for the newsletter. Any stories about BK parent involvement with the school can be emailed to Parentsassoc@bkhs.org for inclusion in the newsletter.